The Graduate Services Discussion Group of ACRL/NY (GSDG) provides a forum for academic librarians to discuss the creation, implementation, and coordination of graduate-student focused library services, including instruction and consultation services; outreach and marketing efforts; advanced research services for data analysis, digital scholarship, and publishing; library space design and renovation projects to support graduate student users; and more. At its meetings, the group combines lightning talk-format service overviews from attendees, longer talks and panels from service providers, and ample time for general discussion and brainstorming.
Learn more about the Graduate Services Discussion Group at our blog.
There is an open, volunteer position for coordinating the Graduate Services Discussion Group at ACRL/NY. If you’re interested please contact Interim President Dianne Gordon Conyers for more information.
Check the ACRL/NY events archive for information about previous meetings and programs.
Recent posts from the Graduate Services blog
- Tue, 04 Nov 2014 17:31:58 +0000: Fall 2014 ACRL/NY Graduate Student Discussion Group meeting - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
Working with Graduate Students in your library? Interested in sharing information about meeting grad student needs in your institution? Wondering what others in the NY metro area are doing to provide services and spaces tailored specifically to these communities? Join … Continue reading →
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:58:33 +0000: Supporting Our Graduate Programs–A Successful Event - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
Yesterday, the GSDG held a regular meeting at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism on 40th Street. It was decided that “lightning talks” would be held where people would talk for 3 minutes about how their library was supporting graduate … Continue reading →
- Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:50:26 +0000: Next GSDG meeting: April 23rd at the Journalism School - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
The next meeting of the ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group will be: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 3-5 pm CUNY Graduate School of Journalism Room 442 219 West 40th Street New York, NY 10018 The title of the discussion: Supporting Our … Continue reading →
- Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:32:33 +0000: Meet and Greet @ Bobst Library - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
The GSDG’s meet and greet meeting was held at Bobst Library on December 12, 2013 from 4-6. It was a great success, in no small part to Scott Collard, the co-chair who led the discussion. Scott was able to excite … Continue reading →
- Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:49:57 +0000: Next Meeting May 14 at the Bard Graduate Center - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
Save the date! The next GSDG meeting will take place at the Bard Graduate Center on May 14 at3pm During this meeting we will discuss several reports that have been published on the research behavior of graduate students specifically and … Continue reading →