- Member news
- Technical Services Event at the Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum
- Reminder: REGISTER for the 11th Columbia Library Symposium
Upcoming ACRL/NY Events
- April 8, 2014: Measuring Success: Library Assessments, Outcomes, & Planning Strategy
- February 21, 2014: Dumbing it down? — To Use, or Not to Use, Library Terminology in Freshmen Information Literacy Instruction
- March 3, 2014: Navigating a Successful Tenure Process
For events and jobs postings prior to November 2011, see our ACRL/NY Events and Jobs, our previous blog.
Interested in getting involved with ACRL/NY?
ACRL/NY invites you to become an active member of our organization! ACRL/NY is the Greater New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries. The Chapter promotes professional standards, mentors librarians, and enhances professional development through a variety of educational programs. In addition to the professional development and networking opportunities, our members receive the ACRL/NY Newsletter and have unlimited access to the many events and programs sponsored by our discussion groups. Each fall, our organization hosts an annual symposium that focuses on current issues in academic librarianship.
If you would like to volunteer to serve on the current Symposium Planning Committee, please email Linda Miles, the 2014 committee chair, at email@example.com.
We encourage our members to attend the meetings of our Symposium Planning Committee and our Executive Board. All meetings are open to our membership. All questions and comments can be directed to Anice Mills, 2014 ACRL/NY President, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
*Symposium Planning Committee meets from 11-12:30, Executive Board meets from 1-3
Where: Mercy College Manhattan, Room TBA * directions
Please contact Anice Mills with any questions as well as to be added to sign-in list for front desk security at Mercy Manhattan.