- Greetings from 2013 ACRL/NY Symposium Chair Greetings from 2013 ACRL/NY Symposium Chair Save the Date! The members of the 2013 Symposium Planning Committee are already hard at work planning and organizing another thought-provoking and informative symposium, to take place on December 6, 2013 at Baruch College, Vertical Campus. Our symposium is titled: “The Library as Knowledge Laboratory.” Makerspaces, mashups and big data are ...
- New Issue of ACRL/NY Connections Hot Off the Presses The Vol.31, No.1, Spring 2013 issue of our newsletter, ACRL/NY Connections, is newly published. You’ll find not only excellent recaps of the talks at last year’s symposium but also great articles about our initiatives as well as member activities. Check it out! Share|
- Greetings from the 2013 ACRL/NY President Like many of our members, I am just returned from the ACRL national conference in Indianapolis, “Imagine, Innovate, Inspire.” The conference is always a good source for fresh ideas and compelling speakers for our own chapter’s annual symposium, and we are looking forward to hearing from some exciting new voices at our next symposium on ...
Upcoming ACRL/NY Events
- Upcoming METRO Professional Development Events May 2013: METRO & ACRL/NY Present: Launch Your Library Career: Finding, and Getting, Your Ideal Job – Part I Tues, May 21 | 10:00am-1:00pm | $30 METRO, myMETRO & ACRL/NY Members; $40 Non-Members Part I: Preparing Yourself, and Your Materials, for the Challenge will help you feel more confident in your job search by giving you the tools to organize a search, find ...
- Reminder: ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group- Bard Graduate… @ Tue May 14, 2013 ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group- Bard Graduate Center- May 14, 3PM http://acrlny.org/acrlny-graduate-services-discussion-group-bard-graduate-center-may-14-3pm/ Share|
- Demystifying the Working Life of a New Academic Librarian – What to Expect in the 1st Days, 1st Weeks, 1st Months & 1st Years The ACRL/NY New Librarians Discussion Group, the Academic Librarian Mentoring Project, and METRO present: Demystifying the Working Life of a New Academic Librarian – What to Expect in the 1st Days, 1st Weeks, 1st Months & 1st Years Thursday June 6, networking and refreshments at 5:30 pm, panel to follow. Register now: http://metro.org/events/351/ So you’ve accepted the offer. ...
- ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group (GSDG) Save the date! The next ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group (GSDG) meeting will take place at the Bard Graduate Center on May 14 at3pm During this meeting we will discuss several reports that have been published on the research behavior of graduate students specifically and upper level researchers in general. As librarians who work ...
- Launch Your Library Career: Finding, and Getting, Your Ideal Job – Part II Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. (EST) Speaker Carrie Netzer Wajda Carrie Netzer Wajda is the Global New Business Librarian for Y&R Advertising. After a career in academic libraries she transitioned to self-employment in 2010, then to a career in special libraries. She is the 2013 president of ACRL/NY. Carrie is a contributor to “Career Q&A with the ...
For events and jobs postings prior to November 2011, see our ACRL/NY Events and Jobs, our previous blog.
Interested in getting involved with ACRL/NY?
ACRL/NY invites you to become an active member of our organization! ACRL/NY is the Greater New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries. The Chapter promotes professional standards, mentors librarians, and enhances professional development through a variety of educational programs. In addition to the professional development and networking opportunities, our members receive the ACRL/NY Newsletter and have unlimited access to the many events and programs sponsored by our discussion groups. Each fall, our organization hosts an annual symposium that focuses on current issues in academic librarianship.
If you would like to volunteer to serve on the current Symposium Planning Committee, please email Anice Mills, the 2013 committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage our members to attend the meetings of our Symposium Planning Committee and our Executive Board. All meetings are open to our membership. All questions and comments can be directed to Carrie Netzer Wajda, 2013 ACRL/NY President, at email@example.com.
*Symposium Planning Committee meets from 11-12:30, Executive Board meets from 1-3
Where: Mercy College Manhattan, Room TBA * directions
Please contact Carrie Netzer Wajda with any questions as well as to be added to sign-in list for front desk security at Mercy Manhattan.