ACRL/NY’s First Year Experience Discussion Group co-chairs Carl Andrews (Bronx Community College) and Derek Stadler (LaGuardia Community College), invite members to attend our Fall 2023 meeting.
How can we as librarians compete with and possibly utilize AI technologies such as ChatGPT?
Please join our discussion that will cover these themes:
- In what ways do you feel ChatGPT has impacted our role as librarians?
- What do you envision will be the result of ChatGPT on library reference and instruction?
- How can we use ChatGPT and other AI in our role as librarians?
We ask that you read the following article ahead of our discussion:
Houston, A. B., & Corrado, E. M. (2023). Embracing ChatGPT: Implications of Emergent Language Models for Academia and Libraries. Technical Services Quarterly, 40(2), 76–91
- Date: Friday, November 10, 2023
- Time: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Zoom Collaborative Discussion (based on NYS restrictions)
RSVP (before November 1, 2023)
ACRL/NY invites you to become an active member of our organization! ACRL/NY is the Greater New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries. The Chapter promotes professional standards, mentors librarians, and enhances professional development through a variety of educational programs.
Carl Andrews, ACRL/NY FYE DG Co-chair – email@example.com
Derek Stadler, ACRL/NY FYE DG Co-chair – firstname.lastname@example.org