ACRL/NY’s First Year Experience Discussion Group co-chairs Carl Andrews (Bronx Community College) and Derek Stadler (LaGuardia Community College), invite members to attend our Fall 2022 meeting.
How can we as librarians insure that our resources and services are accessible and all inclusive?
Please join our discussion that will cover these themes:
- What are the challenges in providing service to students with disabilities?
- How does your Library cater to students who may have hidden disabilities?
- What can you do in your library instruction so that materials and resources can be accessible for all students?
We ask that you read the articles “Examining Beliefs and Practices of Students With Hidden Disabilities and Universal Design for Learning in Institutions of Higher Education” ahead of our discussion. We also ask that you be prepared to share your Universal Design techniques.
- Date: Friday, November 18, 2022
- Time: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Zoom Collaborative Discussion (based on NYS restrictions)
RSVP (before November 4, 2022)
ACRL/NY invites you to become an active member of our organization! ACRL/NY is the Greater New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries. The Chapter promotes professional standards, mentors librarians, and enhances professional development through a variety of educational programs.
Carl Andrews, ACRL/NY FYE DG Co-chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Derek Stadler, ACRL/NY FYE DG Co-chair – email@example.com