Call for Proposals And Posters
The CFP has closed as of July 2021; we are no long accepting submissions. Thank you to all those who submitted.
We have revised the Call for Proposals to include Call for Posters.
How do our relationships, partnerships, teams, and organizations function in support of colleagues, patrons, and communities? What initiatives and workflows provide structural support for accomplishing our goals? We seek proposals for presentations and panels about the ways we work together, support each other, and develop as librarians and library workers.
Potential perspectives include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating the participation of individuals with the widest range of backgrounds and capabilities in decision making and programming, mentoring, collegial relationships, and other supports for a thriving, diverse workforce.
- Determining how the demands of the organization during the pandemic have fallen unevenly on staff, some part-time staff, and clerical workers who have been working more and more on the front lines.
- Enhancing people’s active investment in the collaborative and individual endeavors of their colleagues.
- Discovering and inventing new modes of collaboration across traditional boundaries; gathering colleagues with a shared vision to support the populations we serve.
- Mutual aid
- Engaging in reciprocal exchange of resources and services to support collective needs and the well being of our communities.
- Staff development
- Developing various forms of professional training that can contribute to creating a more collaborative working environment that supports all library users and communities.
The ACRL/NY Symposium on Collegiality, Morale, and Mutual Aid will be held virtually. We are seeking proposals to fill any of the following, and are open to a mixture of presentation types and formats.
- 60-minute (50-minute presentation; 10 minute Q&A)
- 30-minute (20-minute presentation; 10 minute Q&A)
- 10-minute lightning rounds for posters
Proposals should be 250-500 words in length. Proposals must be submitted by June 26th.
Abstracts of presentations can be submitted using this form:
Questions regarding submitting or about the Symposium in general, can be sent to email@example.com