ACRL/NY Professional Development Committee Presents ACRL Webcast on
Data-Driven Library Budgeting
- When: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Where: ACRL National and ACRL/NY members can register for free at one of these sites.
Manhattan College Viewing:
Manhattan College, O’Malley Library, Room 404C.
Please register for the event using this URL: https://bit.ly/2IpN01g
Directions to Manhattan College: https://manhattan.edu/admissions/visit/maps-directions.php
For more information, contact Susanne Markgren, 718-862-7997, or email@example.com
St. John’s Library, Queens Campus
Please register for the event using this URL: https://stjohns.libcal.com/event/4123529
Bring copy of registration email and Photo ID to show at St. John’s Library Security Desk.
Directions to Queens Campus: https://www.stjohns.edu/campuses/queens-campus/directions
For more information, contact Prof. Kathryn Shaughnessy, 718-990-1454
About the Webcast
Building a budget is a perennial administrative challenge. Yet an academic library’s budget and expenditures demonstrate its accountability, effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability to its institution. Explore how and what kinds of readily available data can be used to improve and strengthen the budgeting process. Learn how data elements created by expenditures can be used for future budgets and to illustrate impact of the library to stakeholders. Find out how can you use data to effectively tell your library’s story and advocate for budgetary support.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will learn:
• Why data is needed to build a budget.
• Be able to identify the fundamental data needed to create any budget and how data can be used to monitor budgets.
• Learn how to use data to support budgeting for an academic library infrastructure needs (collections, facility, staffing, technologies)
• Appreciate how data derived from expenditures can be used for benchmarking, demonstrating support for the institutional goals, and communicating value to stakeholders.
Robert Dugan, Dean of Libraries, University of West Florida
Who Should Attend
Academic librarians, administrators, those interested in budgeting and the budget process
ACRL Webcasts are held in an Adobe Connect virtual classroom. Speakers or a headset for listening to the presentation are required. You may ask questions through text-based chat. Adobe works on both PC and Apple platforms.
For questions contact:
Dr. Kanu Nagra, Electronic Resources Librarian
Chair, ACRL/NY Professional Development Committee