Reporting to the Access Services Manager, the User Engagement Specialist will play a critical role in connecting the CUIMC community with the Health Sciences Library’s services, resources, and spaces to ensure a high-quality user experience. The position will contribute to Library-wide efforts to better understand our users’ needs and to develop sustainable, meaningful interactions between library staff and the CUIMC community. The User Engagement Specialist will work closely with HSL’s operational and programmatic staff.
- Assess user needs and user engagement in utilizing resources, services, and spaces by designing and implementing studies, collecting and analyzing data, and sharing information with relevant parties.
- Foster and contribute to an ongoing, two-way dialogue with the CUIMC community, e.g., by developing signage, contributing to website content, and seeking feedback from users.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of engagement efforts via in-person and online interactions, such as through the customer ticketing system.
- Seek opportunities for collaboration with CUIMC constituents in support of the Library’s mission through joint efforts that take advantage of Library spaces, resources, and/or expertise.
- Working closely with the Access Services Manager, recommend, develop, and assess departmental policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Support the Access Services team in assisting users with accessing Library resources and services.
- Participate in scholarly and professional development activities related to the position responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as Anthropology, Business, Sociology, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with survey design and analysis, including evaluation and assessment methodologies and technologies.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience with creating content for signage, presentations, and media platforms.
- Highly motivated and flexible team player with sound customer service skills and a “hands-on” orientation.
- Computer literacy: MS Office, survey/evaluation tools, and customer support platforms (ZenDesk preferred).