William Paterson University invites applications for a twelve month tenure-track position as a Systems Librarian. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Library Information Systems, the Systems Librarian is primarily responsible for the administration of all components and delivery of technical support for the library’s library services platform/integrated library system. The successful candidate participates in departmental planning and projects, as well as the User Education and Liaison programs. Serves on Library, University, regional and national committees as appropriate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administers and configures the Library’s integrated library system, comprised of system administration, security, users, profiles, policies, circulation, acquisitions, cataloging, serials management, and statistical data reporting.
- Serves as primary technical liaison with ILS vendor, Ex Libris.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems with Voyager and other library systems.
- Provides technical support for the management of OCLC software and services.
- Works collaboratively with the Resource Management/Library Information Systems Team to coordinate database maintenance, batch loading of records and interdepartmental projects.
- Uses a variety of software tools to extract and manipulate data from various sources.
- Develops and implements procedures to integrate various systems and serves on committees.
- Participates in departmental and User Education programs.
- Serves as a liaison to assigned departments in collection development activities.
- ALA-accredited MLS, or equivalent (by time of appointment)
- A second graduate degree is required for tenure
- Experience working with databases and SQL.
- Working knowledge of a programming/scripting language.
- Computer knowledge necessary to perform technical-support related tasks.
- Demonstrated commitment to service and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- At least one (1) year of professional experience working with library systems.
- Second graduate degree.
- System administration experience.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
- Complete and application
- Submit a cover letter & CV
- Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of application will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions related to this application process.
About William Paterson
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
The Clery Act (The Jean Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistic Act) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency’s Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the University Police Department website at the Clery Act page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the University Police Department upon request.