The NYU Health Sciences Library (NYUHSL) welcomes applications from collaborative, organized, and creative candidates for the position of Systematic Review Librarian, a faculty appointment in the NYU Grossman School of Medicine: https://hsl.med.nyu.edu/
In this role, the successful candidate will provide oversight, coordination and ongoing development of the library’s systematic review services. Working with a team of NYUHSL librarians, the position will help researchers and students navigate the systematic review process from protocol to publication. This includes creating and delivering educational content, including asynchronous training materials, collaborating as an author on systematic reviews, assisting with the use of software, and providing consultations and guidance to NYU Langone Health researchers. There will also be an opportunity to mentor and train early career librarians in systematic review methods and best practices.
In addition to their role directly supporting and coordinating systematic review services, this position will serve as a liaison to one or more academic departments, providing dedicated support through search and citation management consultations, workshops, and other activities as appropriate for the user community. Depending on an individual’s professional interest, other possibilities within librarianship may exist.
The Systematic Review Librarian will also be expected to conduct and present library research, for example research on best practices, education, and outreach developed in their role. Additional responsibilities include serving on library, School of Medicine, and health system committees and/or task forces as appropriate.
The successful applicant will be able to take advantage of a highly flexible work environment, build partnerships with new user communities, and develop new services and curricula. They should have a demonstrated track record of drive, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, and a personal commitment to excellence and innovation. This position will coordinate efforts among the librarians for the library’s systematic review support services. The NYUHSL librarians are currently involved with systematic reviews at all stages and are frequent co-authors on systematic review publications.
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, and is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. The Health Sciences Library supports the mission and vision of NYU Langone Health through forging meaningful connections with our users, providing innovative services, a top-tier digital collection, user-focused spaces, and a strong commitment to excellence and innovation.
• Provide oversight, coordination and ongoing development of the Library’s support of systematic reviews at NYU Langone Health;
• Provide small group, virtual, and classroom-based systematic review training;
• Create and maintain asynchronous training materials to support researchers in the systematic review process;
• Represent the Library in the development and delivery of systematic review grant-related support with NYULH partner units;
• Collaborate with other librarians in offering educational sessions and information services/support to all faculty, student, and staff of NYU Langone Health;
• Provide direct assistance to users via the Library’s ticketing system, and liaison responsibilities.
• Work in other areas dependent on Library needs / candidate’s interest and expertise;
• Work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues to support the Library’s Vision, Mission, and Strategic Goals
• Master’s degree in library/information science or related fields;
• Conversant in the most recent systematic review guidelines;
• Expert database searching and citation managements skills in support of systematic reviews;
• Experience with Systematic Review software (e.g. Covidence, Rayyan)
• Enthusiasm for working closely with varied users in a dynamic academic medical center environment;
• Adept at coordinating work efforts in a highly-collaborative team environment;
• Strong service orientation with excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skill
• Experience in an academic health sciences library;
• Experience or knowledge of designing and delivering systematic review instruction to adult learners;
• Experience or knowledge of statistical methods for meta-analysis
Compensation and Benefits
The NYU Grossman School of Medicine offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, retirement benefits, time off, tuition benefits, wellness programs, and more. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Health Sciences Library provides mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development. Interested candidates from outside the New York City area are encouraged to apply, flexible and remote-work opportunities are negotiable.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references at: http://apply.interfolio.com/
Review of applications will begin on March 18, 2022. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.