FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Lehman College, City University of New York’s public senior college in the Bronx, is located on a 37-acre, tree-lined campus 40 minutes by direct subway from midtown Manhattan. The College is a force for social justice and vital contributor to the new Bronx renaissance. In 2017, Lehman College was ranked number 4 nationally in fostering intergenerational social mobility for U.S. students by the National Bureau of Economic Research and the Equality of Opportunity Project.
The Substitute Head of Reference is responsible for day-to-day operations of Leonard Lief Library’s Reference unit and provides leadership for a high level of seamless public services to students and faculty. This position is an essential part of the library faculty team dedicated to supporting the research, teaching, and learning mission of Lehman College. The position reports to the Chief Librarian.
– coordinates and assigns Reference service point work schedules for face-to-face and virtual operations
– supervises reference service and research support including virtual reference and consultations
– in coordination with key library faculty, implements data-driven strategies
– analyzing, developing, and transforming reference collections in all formats
– pursues knowledge of emerging library trends and best practices including reference- research materials, instructional methodologies, and information literacy concepts
– leads and mentors a dynamic team of library faculty to develop innovative research support programs and services
– recruits, trains, and supervises Reference Adjunct faculty
The position also provides reference service, information literacy instruction, and collection development in assigned subject areas.
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Second Master’s degree required for appointment to Assistant Professor.
The candidate is expected to have:
– academic library supervisory experience
– familiarity with current and emerging technologies
– ability to innovatively apply technology and evidence-based decision-making to improve the user experience
– advanced project planning and management skills
– ability to work collegially and collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
– instructional experience helpful
– experience with a variety of software and web applications including LibGuides and course management packages
– knowledge of scholarly communications and experience with institutional repositories and Open Educational Resources
– participation in research and scholarship endeavors
HOW TO APPLY
Please send letter, CV, and names and contact information of three professional references by July 15, 2019 to:
Kenneth Schlesinger, Associate Dean and Chief Librarian
Leonard Lief Library
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Bronx, New York 10468-1589