Library Specialist (Resource Sharing Specialist)
Newman Library – Baruch College
Job ID: 21544
The Resource Sharing Specialist has responsibility for interlibrary loan, document delivery, and resource sharing activities with other institutions. Responsibilities include:
– Manage all borrowing and lending activities with other institutions.
– Serve as the primary liaison for resource sharing activities with other institutions, including library consortia and institutions that have partnership agreements with the College.
– Manage services that provide rapid delivery of print and digital documents from vendors.
– As part of the management team of the Newman Library’s Access Services Division, assist users at the loan desks and supervise staff at the desks as needed.
– Develop, apply and report on performance metrics to ensure that resource sharing services meet users’ needs.
– Serve as the custodian of resource sharing data.
– Hire, train, and supervise staff.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required; MLS degree or Master’s in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
Knowledge of library automation systems and resource sharing technologies. Ability to understand and apply copyright and fair use as it relates to library resource sharing. Ability to prepare reports and perform data analysis
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers one or more aspects of Library operations and coordinates Library services.
– Assists faculty, students, and librarians in order to evaluate needs and locate appropriate materials on a timely basis
– Participates in acquiring materials in all formats and media
– Reviews Library usage patterns and makes recommendations regarding services; plans and conducts training and outreach activities
– Assists in developing and monitoring Library policies and user service standards
– May oversee a Library unit such as Circulation, Access/User Services, Reserve, Stack Maintenance, and/or Acquisitions
– Supervises and/or trains staff, students, and others assigned to the Library
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
*Pursuant to the New York City Health Benefits Summary Program Description, all City of New York employees, and employees of Participating Employers, hired on or after July 1, 2019, will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan, and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first 365 days of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365 day period. If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
An employee who needs to request an exemption to this requirement can do so by submitting an Opt-Out Request Form for review and approval. See below link for additional information.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
January 3, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.