Job Title: Reference/Instruction Librarian
Application Deadline: 6.28.2019
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Salary: dependent on qualifications
Date to be Filled: 08.01.2019
Wagner College seeks an innovative and service-oriented librarian for the full-time position of Reference/Instruction Librarian. The successful candidate will work with colleagues to develop and offer information literacy and library instruction, including collaborative efforts with faculty in all disciplines. The Reference/Instruction Librarian will offer in-person and virtual reference service, and be responsible for designated areas of collection development. This position will also have responsibility for overseeing the library’s Interlibrary Loan service. This is a 12-month, non-tenure track position reporting to the Director of the Library.
Wagner College has recently instituted a new General Education curriculum, which places strong emphasis on the development of information literacy skills throughout the curriculum. The successful candidate will be an integral part of this initiative, and will play an important part in preparing and delivering instruction that will enable students to successfully locate, evaluate, and effectively use information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and delivers instruction sessions and prepares teaching materials to support the development of research and information literacy skills.
- Collaborate with library colleagues and teaching faculty to integrate appropriate information literacy competencies, concepts, and skills into assignments and course content.
- Manages interlibrary loan operations including managing the ILLiad system.
- Manages reserves including print textbooks and e-reserves.
- Provides reference service (some weekends and evenings may be required).
- Serves as liaison to designated academic departments. Develops and maintains online subject guides (Libguides), and participates in collection development.
- Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA-approved foreign – equivalent.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver information literacy instruction sessions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and to work collaboratively in a collegial setting.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload.
- Willingness to undertake library and college committee responsibilities, professional development, and scholarship.
- Basic computer competence including Microsoft Office.
- Relevant academic library experience, including familiarity with scholarly research databases.
- Teaching/Information Literacy instruction experience.
- Knowledge of interlibrary loan practices (experience with ILLiad a plus).
Salary range: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Dennis Schaub, Director of the Library, at email@example.com. Please include “Reference/Instruction Librarian” in the subject line. Documents should be sent as attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF only. Candidates under consideration will be asked for three professional references. For consideration, materials must be received by June 28, 2019.