The Newman Library of Baruch College seeks an Assistant Professor to serve as the liaison to the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, which offers undergraduate and graduate-level degrees in public policy and administration, as well as Master of Science in Education and Master of International Affairs degrees.
The successful candidate will:
- Engage in active outreach to the faculty of the Marxe School, including attending open faculty meetings, teaching information literacy and research sessions in courses, assessing collection needs, keeping the school informed about library resources and services, and anticipating information needs of faculty and students due to curriculum revisions.
- Collaborate with other members of the Library faculty and staff to deliver an effective and cohesive service experience to the Marxe School.
- Provide general reference service at the reference desk and via digital service points. The reference work schedule may require nights and weekends.
- Teach credit courses in the library’s instruction program, including courses leading to a Minor in Information Studies.
- Meet the requirements for scholarship and publication necessary for reappointment as a tenure-track faculty member.
- Maintain a record of service to Baruch College, City University of New York, and professional organizations.
- Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution.
- A second graduate degree is required, preferably in a disciple related to the degree programs of the Marxe School.
- Strong knowledge of information resources in the social sciences, public administration, and education.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of emerging library technology and trends
- Experience assessing student learning and library instruction
The complete vacancy announcement and instructions on how to apply are available on the website: https://cuny.jobs/new-york-ny/assistant-professor-public-and-international-affairs-librarian/8E4CE053F58E44D3BD3542F4350D11D0/job/