Politics, Policy and Data Librarian
Apply now Job no: 495123
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Working collaboratively with the Assistant Dean of Public Services, the successful candidate will serve as primary liaison to the School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Political Science and Public Affairs department and other areas as appropriate, with a focus on course-integrated instruction, skill-building workshops, research consultations, outreach, and collection development. This is a renewable Term position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and deliver core information literacy course instruction in partnership with other faculty library liaisons in various modalities.
• Support undergraduate and graduate research through delivery of virtual and in-person reference services.
• Build LibGuides, and supporting materials to provide information about research resources and data sources
• Work with the Data Services team to further develop a complementary suite of data services that include data collection, data literacy training, data analysis, and visualization
• Provide instruction, consult, and research support for students and faculty working with data sources, data software, and data analysis common to social sciences research
• Work with the Liaison Working Group to provide new models of research and data support across the social sciences.