Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Manhattanville College is seeking a Patron Services Assistant. The Assistant delivers and promotes in-person Library service to diverse Manhattanville students, faculty, and staff. This position is primarily working evening hours and reports to the Head of Patron Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Staff the Library Service Desk
• Deliver Circulation and basic Reference service to members of the Manhattanville community
• With the Head of Patron Services, train and oversee approximately 20 part-time student workers
• Open or close the Library as scheduled
• Plan and run events featuring Library services, collections, and staff
• Collect and report data relating to Library operations
• Collect, compile, and report statistics, including attendance, occupancy, and user satisfaction
• Manage room scheduling requests
• Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key competencies:
• Work collaboratively with Library and College staff to advance strategic goals of the Library and the College
• Associates degree or equivalent
• One year of successful experience in an academic library
• Front-line customer service experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Facility with office automation technologies
• Orientation to detail
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work mostly evening hours
• Ability to work independently
• Experience with Library Circulation and Reserves functions
• Successful supervisory experience
• Experience using the OCLC WMS Library Services platform and Springshare CMS product suite
Physical Demands/Other Requirements
This position requires persons to:
• Ability to move and/or lift materials up to 25 pounds
• Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, reach, climb, balance, and sit.
Apply via this web-site.