Part-Time Per Diem Virtual Instructional Librarian
The James E. Tobin Library at Molloy College is seeking experienced librarians for virtual instructional services. This virtual position is for part-time class overflow. Classes are primarily weekday evenings from 5:00-10:00pm (EST). This position will start immediately.
Reporting to the Associate Librarian for Instructional Services, the Virtual Instructional Librarian provides tailored information instruction to students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide virtual instruction services to students of the James E. Tobin Library.
• Develop customized virtual instruction sessions upon request.
• Teach research strategies to students in small and large groups, with emphasis on critical thinking and plagiarism avoidance as well as searching techniques.
• Remain current in navigating academic resources held by the James E. Tobin Library.
• Other library related duties as assigned.
• At least two years of experience in an academic library, including prior experience teaching information instruction classes in a virtual environment, is required.
• Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited school.
• Strong knowledge of academic databases.
• Ability to assist students from freshman year through doctoral programs.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High comfort level with teaching virtually and good classroom management skills.
• Experience using Zoom.
• Prior experience with medical databases such Mark Allen Group, Sage Journal collections, and Ovid is highly desirable.
• Prior experience with citation managers, especially Academic Writer or Zotero is highly desirable.
• Degree in the medical field is highly desirable.
• Second master’s degree a plus.
• Instructional design experience a plus.
Please send resume and hours of availability to Susan Bloom, Associate Librarian Instructional Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Molloy College Library
Attn: Susan Bloom
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, New York 11571
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.