Manhattanville College seeks a service-oriented and tech-savvy Library professional as the Online Services Librarian. This position will be responsible for configuring and integrating Library technologies. These include the Integrated Library System, web site, and applications to deliver reference and instructional services. The Online Services Librarian provides in-person Library services and assists with managing service desks. Some evenings are required.
• Coordinate, evaluate and promote the College’s online presence – including managing the web site and online access to Library collections and services
• Configure, deploy, and integrate online Library services using available technologies; recommend adoption of new technologies as appropriate
• Design Library service delivery to students and faculty in remote academic programs
• Consult with staff and provide training on appropriate use of all Library technologies
• Collaborate on setting technology-related priorities and goals for the Library
• Assist with on-site Library services, including Reference, Instruction, and Circulation
• Liaise with campus IT personnel and the Office of Instructional Technology
• Some evenings required
• Train staff, faculty and students in use of Library technologies
• Stay current with developments in information technologies and libraries, sharing best practices and recommendations as appropriate
• Set up and troubleshoot access to subscribed digital content
• Assist with planning for and evaluating needs related to Library electronic services, hardware and software
• Assist with maintenance and use of specialized library hardware and software
• Liaise with faculty in several academic departments to market Library collections and services, including recommending materials and databases for purchase
• Represent the Library on faculty governance committees and task forces as requested
• Work as a member of a team with stakeholders both within and outside of the Library to optimize use of Library technologies, services, and resources
• Design and deliver both in-person and virtual Information Literacy instruction
MINIMAL ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• ALA-accredited MLS degree or equivalent
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
• Experience with manipulating a broad range of information tools and resources in an academic library, including hardware, library services platforms, content management systems, databases, and web applications
• Ability to excel in a busy, changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills; commitment to service and teamwork with diverse colleagues and library users.
• Demonstrated commitment to service in libraries, academic institutions, and local communities
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with the OCLC WMS library services platform
• Experience with scripting or programming languages
• Evidence of engagement with the Library profession, including scholarly presentations and/or publications
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.