Position: Online Learning Librarian (Search #496155)
Deadline: Open until filled; review of applications begins October 7, 2020
Pay Grade: 30E to 31E
The University of Delaware Library seeks a motivated, creative, and service-oriented professional to serve as Online Learning Librarian to forge connections between a diverse and seasoned team of librarians and new and established campus partners who support online learning. Reporting to the Assistant Head of Instructional Services, the position will lead efforts to transform library teaching materials and approaches in ways that will support online learners and increase course affordability and accessibility.
Major responsibilities include:
- Analyze the needs of online learners and faculty teaching online to develop online library teaching services.
- Implement and administer tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve the provision of library resources and instruction in the online environment.
- Design and implement training for faculty and instructional designers related to Open Educational Resources and integration of library resources into Canvas.
- Work with faculty teaching online classes / library liaisons and the digital content specialist to design new learning materials within the learning management system and set workflows for the management of those materials.
- Organize tech jams for the teaching team in the Library, Museums and Press.
- Explore newly available online learning tools and provide recommendations and/or consultative guidance to faculty who might use them in conjunction with library resources.
- Work with Digital Publishing and Copyright Librarian to develop relevant knowledge of copyright for online instruction settings.
- Provide general research assistance, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Participate in professional programs at the local, regional, or national level as appropriate.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of the position.
ALA-accredited graduate degree. Minimum of 3 years relevant library experience. Experience with instructional design models, principles, and learning theories. Experience with instructional technologies as they relate to online learning and usability and accessibility standards. Familiarity with Instructure’s Canvas Learning Management System or with other diverse learning management platforms such as Blackboard, Google Classroom, Brightspace, etc. Experience developing and/or teaching online materials or courses. Experience assisting faculty or librarians with the effective use of technology in online learning environments. Teaching and research assistance experience in an academic library. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a culturally diverse community. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Evidence of project management and organization skills. Experience teaching and assessing student learning in fully online and hybrid contexts.
The University of Delaware Library is committed to student success, scholarly research and inclusive excellence. The Library is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. The Library collaborates with strategic campus partners to achieve these priorities, as well as with national professional organizations including the Association of Research Libraries, Center for Research Libraries, Coalition for Networked Information, Council on Library and Information Resources, Digital Library Federation, OCLC Research Partnership, SPARC, HathiTrust, the National Digital Stewardship Alliance, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) and the ACRL Diversity Alliance. More information about the Library is available at: https://library.udel.edu/
Appointment expected at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian (pay grade 30E with 3-8 years relevant experience) or the rank of Associate Librarian (pay grade 31E with 9+ years relevant experience). More information about the University of Delaware Library Rank and Promotion System is available at: https://library.udel.edu/about/employment/rank-and-promotion-system/
22 vacation days. Generous 403B retirement plan. Tuition remission for dependents and spouse, and course fee waiver for employee. Relocation assistance and flexibility. Review more benefits details at: http://www.udel.edu/content/udel/en/faculty-staff/human-resources/benefits.html
Include cover letter and resume, along with the names and contact information of three employment references, in a single document, following University of Delaware application instructions at: http://www.udel.edu/faculty-staff/human-resources/careers/
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at: http://www.udel.edu/home/legal-notices/. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.