The NYU Division of Libraries seeks an Online Instruction Librarian to plan, design, and implement user-focused online and distance instruction, reference, and information services. This new tenure-track position will provide outreach and equitable access to library services and resources to all NYU online students and faculty, including all constituents at NYU’s Global Academic Centers. This newly created position is located in the Undergraduate and Instructional Services (UIS) Department and reports to the Head of UIS. NYU Libraries seeks candidates dedicated to upholding and advancing their core values of inclusion, diversity, belonging, and equity, as well as communication and assessment.
- Develop and maintain partnerships within NYU Libraries, Office of Online Programs, Office of Global Programs, and across NYU’s departmental and administrative programs in support of library online learning
- Plan, develop, distribute, and assess blended and online library teaching and learning services and objects to all NYU online programs and global campuses and users
- Coordinate formal and informal instruction and information literacy programs for distance library users and global campuses in conjunction with UIS, IT, Libraries User Experience, Libraries Access, Delivery & Resource Sharing Services, and subject liaisons
- Ensure usability and accessibility standards within all blended and online teaching and learning services and objects through the application of Universal Design for Learning principles
- Contribute to instruction and reference initiatives and services, both in person and online
- Contribute to state, regional, and national committees and participate in research, publication, and other professional and scholarly activities
To see the full job description and qualifications for the role, go to http://apply.interfolio.com/72339
At the Division of Libraries, we are proud of our organizational culture and we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization that supports a sense of belonging for the staff and communities we serve. For more see http://library.nyu.edu/about/general/values/, and our Diversity and Inclusion Values Statement, https://library.nyu.edu/about/general/values/diversity-inclusion/
About New York University Libraries
Libraries at New York University serve the school’s 60,000 students and faculty and contain more than 5.9 million volumes. The Libraries supports NYU’s vision to become the first true Global Network University by collaborating with and providing services to our 11 global academic centers and our “portal campuses” in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. New York University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the OCLC Research Library Partnership, and the HathiTrust. The Libraries participate in a variety of consortia and collaborate closely with Columbia University Libraries and the New York Public Library through the Manhattan Research Library Consortium.
Tenure-track faculty status, attractive benefits package including five weeks annual vacation. Rank based on qualifications. Salary commensurate with experience and background.
To ensure consideration, submit your CV and letter of application, including the name, address, and telephone number of three professional references to http://apply.interfolio.com/72339 Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity