The Metadata Assistant will work as a member of the Collection department and is responsible for performing all aspects of processing of materials added to the Library collections, electronic and physical: acquisitions; maintenance of metadata records and enhancing their quality; updating holdings information; oversees submission process of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), ensures ETD adherence to standards and copyright compliance; documentation for processing and metadata routines; participates in departmental or relocation projects and other duties as assigned. Collaborates with colleagues throughout the library to ensure efficient workflows and supports application of various metadata standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Input data to create accurate metadata entries.
– Typing, phone, email, mail requests.
– Analyze and interpret global materials and various media.
– Must be able to interpret metadata terminology across vendor and library systems.
– Word, Excel, databases, web-searching.
– Maintain communications and workflow across functions in library and with graduate students
who have submitted theses and dissertations.
– Collaborate with colleagues throughout the library to ensure efficient workflows and supports
application of various metadata standards.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree; field of study – open
– Demonstrated capacity to understand metadata schema.
– Understanding of metadata workflows, Dublin core, MARC records, BIBFRAME.
– Knowledge of US Copyright standards highly preferred.
– LMS experience.
– Experience with a second language in addition to English.
Staff Union (Local 153) – SU17.0
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, walking/standing, pushing heavy book carts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide contact information (phone and e-mail) for 3 professional references.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.