Medical Research Librarian
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit this web-site for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Medical Research Librarian
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania Biotech Commons seeks an energetic, forward-thinking librarian for the newly created position of Medical Research Librarian. Reporting to the Director of the Biotech Commons, this individual will be the primary liaison to faculty and researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) and will provide outreach to both basic science and clinical faculty in support of their research efforts, including systematic reviews. PSOM’s research priorities are growing and expanding, and this position will help the Libraries meet the evolving needs of researchers in new ways, including proactive outreach and communication with faculty and researchers to increase overall awareness of the resources, services, and expertise the library offers. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Medical Education Librarian, the Coordinator of Systematic Reviews, and the Coordinator of Clinical Outreach to create efficient and effective communication with and services to this growing PSOM community.
Based at the Biotech Commons, this position will work closely and collaboratively with the team of librarians at the Biotech Commons and will participate in general Reference and Chat, the Critical Writing Program, and other shared responsibilities.
*Research, instruction, and consultation services to Perelman School of Medicine research
*Creation and maintenance of research and instructional materials such as LibGuides and tutorials
*Outreach to and communications with PSOM centers and departments
*Participate in Systematic Review Services
*Participation on committees and cross-divisional teams within the Libraries
*General reference, chat, Critical Writing Program, and other shared responsibilities
*Other duties as assigned
*Contributes to the profession by engaging in professional organization, professional development, and service
* ALA accredited degree in library and information science or equivalent in experience and training
* 2-3 years experience
* Experience in advanced database searching
* Familiarity with the principles of evidence-based practice
* Experience with knowledge-synthesis and systematic reviews
* Proactive and collaborative working style
Application Requirement: A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Budgeted Pay Range:
$55K — $65K commensurate with education and experience
Job Location – City, State
Department / School
$43,919.00 – $66,183.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit this web-site.
To apply, visit this web-site.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.