Reporting to the Associate Dean, Library Operations, the Library Systems Administrator will support the instructional technology needs of library faculty and administrators in developing and implementing the library’s electronic services and training efforts. The Libraries provide access to over 1 million print and ebooks, and offers on-campus and remote access to other online information and class reserves. The University Library is a strong advocate for information literacy and offers a wide variety of instructional programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain all aspects of the Library computer systems.
• Manage the Library’s web page, including periodic design improvements in collaboration with other library professionals and University web designers.
• Troubleshoot electronic resource access problems.
• Manage software installation and maintenance for ILLiad resource sharing software, Ares electronic reserves software, EZProxy, and the Springshare software suite.
• Maintain database vendor administrative modules.
• Evaluate web technologies for possible library application.
• Perform other similar duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Demonstrated experience with HTML and other web technologies. Knowledge of Web design principles, including familiarity with Web accessibility and usability norms and guidelines.
Graduate degree or graduate work in information or educational technology preferred. Experience with OCLC WorldShare Management, ILLiad, Ares or EZProxy software desirable. Experience with Blackboard and related instructional technologies desirable. Experience in an academic or research library environment desirable.
Send cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references via email to: Howard.E.Graves@hofstra.edu. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For more information: https://www.hofstra.edu/about/jobs/jobs_popup.cfm?id=12411
Deadline: Open until filled
Date Posted: 11/16/2021
Posting Number: 899681-21