• Assist library and archives patrons with simple reference questions, use of microfilm readers, computers, databases, and media equipment.
• Locate books, journals and other library and archival materials for patrons.
• Shelve books and other library materials.
• Works on special projects.
• Monitors reference desk telephone, email account, and online chat.
• Assisting with researchers needs (retrieving materials, photocopying documents requests, etc.)
• Interest in Puerto Rican and Latino/Latin American History.
• Minimum: Current or recent undergraduate status.
• Knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop and ACCESS).
• Strong organization and time-management skills; attention to accuracy and detail is essential.
• Working knowledge of Spanish desirable. The candidate should be bilingual with strong English writing skills.
• Willing and eager to learn new skills and working with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, make constructive recommendations, interpret, and apply policies and procedures, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.