Details or description
The East Hampton Library is seeking a full-time Librarian/Archivist or trainee to work in the Long Island Collection, a special collection and archive dedicated to the history and people of Long Island. The Long Island Collection is committed to digitizing our large manuscript collections and providing exceptional reference service to our patrons.
Primary responsibilities are local history reference and digitization. Additional responsibilities include the arrangement and description of archival materials and periodic clerical work. This job also includes contributing to efforts to highlight the collection through community outreach, writing a weekly email newsletter, and assisting with occasional events and displays.
· Candidates must hold a Master of Library Science degree from an accredited library school or be enrolled in an accredited MLS program.
· Archival certificate, special collections concentration, or equivalent experience.
· Candidates must be able to lift 20 pounds.
· Ability to take instructions and work independently.
· Ability to work courteously with co-workers and patrons in-person and over the telephone.
· Ability to work with office equipment, such as copiers and scanners.
· Project management skills are a plus.
· Familiarity with ContentDM and/or Sierra is a plus.
· Experience with Long Island history is preferred.
HOURS AND WAGE:
35 hours per week; salary commensurate on experience.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com