Seeking a motivated and responsible individual to serve as full-time Inter Library Loan Assistant for the Purchase College Library. The position supports students, staff and faculty studying and researching various subjects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Interlibrary Loan and Circulation departments, providing direction to student workers, using ILLiad and Alma software, and working closely with the Resource Sharing Librarian. Purchase College SUNY is an AA/EEO employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Processes interlibrary loan requests by verifying certain elements of the request, locating the material, and preparing the necessary paperwork.
- Receives and logs materials borrowed from other libraries.
- Communicates with other libraries by telephone or correspondence.
- Maintains interlibrary loan transactions and correspondence files.
- Prepares materials to be sent back to libraries from which they have been borrowed.
- Provides assistance to library patrons as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.
Computer skills and the ability to easily learn new software.
Exceptional attention to detail and organization.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills using various communication methods (in-person, phone, email, and text).
Ability to work independently and as a team member in various library departments.
Strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service to the student and faculty community.
Ability to meet deadlines and strong time management skills.
Flexible hours and the ability to adapt to a busy work environment.
Experience working in a library in Interlibrary Loan and/or Circulation.
To apply for the position, please visit our Purchase College Job Vacancy website at Purchase College Job Vacancy website and complete an online application. Candidates must complete an on-line application; also attach a resume, a one-page cover letter expressing interest in the position, and summarizing qualifications. Please also included three references who can speak to your experience related to this position. All references must include the names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers. Only on-line applications are accepted. We will NOT accept phone calls, hard copy, or email submissions.
Salary: $45,000 + $3,026 location pay
Application deadline is July 1st, 2020.
Date to be filled is August 2nd, 2021.