Details or description
Instructor or Assistant Professor (Library) – Head of Technical Services
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Lehman College, City University of New York’s public senior college in the Bronx, is located on a 37-acre, tree-lined campus 40 minutes by direct subway from midtown Manhattan. The College is a force for social justice and vital contributor to the new Bronx renaissance. Lehman College was ranked number 4 nationally in fostering intergenerational social mobility for U.S. students by the National Bureau of Economic Research and the Equality of Opportunity Project.
Leonard Lief Library seeks a dynamic, creative, and experienced individual to provide strategic direction and oversight of the Technical Services Unit. The Head of Technical Services is responsible for managing database licensing, resource allocation, acquisitions, cataloging, and materials processing.
The successful individual will:
• Steward the annual resource budget, arrange for database licenses, handle vendor relations, working closely with Lehman’s Finance, Accounts Payable, and Procurement Offices
• Recommend and implement best practices to ensure functionality and interoperability of CUNY Libraries’ new Alma-Primo discovery environment to enhance cataloging and acquisitions
• Develop policies and procedures for resource description expertise and participate in CUNY-wide library initiatives and projects with a resource description emphasis
• In collaboration with the Electronic Resources Librarian, oversee licensing of additional electronic content (eJournals and eBooks), standing orders, and monographs – with related cataloging and processing
• Keep current with developments in the resource management arena, develop workflows and policies, and integrate new technologies to streamline efficient processing
• Supervise the Periodicals Librarian and three support staff members who provide resource description for purchased and donated materials including monographs (print and electronic), serials, and electronic databases
• Provide reference and instruction services, as well as collection development responsibilities.
Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices. Pursues an active scholarly agenda, performs supervisory duties, and participates in college-and university-wide programs and committees as assigned.
Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices.
All titles require a Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Second Master’s required for appointment to Assistant Professor. Candidate should possess: superlative financial and data management acumen; knowledge of original and copy cataloging (OCLC, MARC, RDA); familiarity with online metadata and the Alma-Primo environment; as well as interest and expertise in adapting emerging technologies. Excellent communication and supervisory skills, as well as comfort dealing with diverse constituencies.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin March 20, 2022.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Your contact information (in case we have any questions)
Associate Professor | Assessment-Data Management Librarian
Leonard Lief Library | Lehman College, CUNY
email@example.com | 718-960-7764