Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Manhattanville College is seeking a Health Sciences Librarian. The Health Sciences Librarian is the primary point of contact to students and faculty members in Health Professions and the Sciences. The position reports to the Head of Patron Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide subject specialist Library services supporting students and faculty in Nursing, Health Professions, Natural Sciences, and related fields
• Advise on building and maintaining collections in the Health Sciences and related fields
• Design and deliver Library instruction, including both specialized and general audiences
• Deliver both in-person and virtual reference services
• Some evening and weekend work required, including working at the Library Service Desk
• Classroom teaching to support subject/program liaison functions
• Assist with opening and/or closing the library one day per week or as requested
• Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key competencies:
• Customer Service orientation
• Ability to teach information skills to diverse audiences
• Facility with instructional technologies
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Collaboration and Teamwork
• MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
• One year of experience delivering Health Sciences information services.
• Successful academic library experience in a public service role
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Experience developing instructional support materials
• Experience using Health Sciences databases
• Experience with SpringShare LibApps and the OCLC WMS library services platform
• Proficiency in using instructional technologies
• Second Master’s degree, or a professional degree in a relevant field
Manhattanville offers an excellent benefits package, including:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
o There are monthly employee contributions to these plans (amounts vary depending upon which option is chosen).
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Account (with election of the high deductible health plan)
• Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability
o This is fully paid for by the college. Supplemental Life Insurance is also available with an additional cost.
• Employer paid confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO): FT Administrators accrue 22 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 22 sick days per year (sick days can accumulate to a maximum of 132 paid days or 6 months).
• 403(b) Plan through TIAA-CREF
o College contributes 3.5% of your salary when you contribute 2.5%.
• US Alliance Financial Credit Union Membership (optional)
• Paid Family Leave
• Tuition Remission (for classes at Manhattanville)
• Tuition Exchange Program (with other colleges/universities)
• Commuter Transit Benefit
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
To insure consideration of your application, please return the questionnaire found in the link below. You must return the questionnaire, even if you choose not to answer the individual questions, for your application to be reviewed.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.