The Head of Access Services of the William and Anita Newman Library is responsible for leading the customer-focused delivery of circulation, course reserve, stack maintenance, and resource sharing services. As a member of the library’s management team and reporting to the Vice President for Information Services and Dean of the Library, the Head of Access Services will:
– Hire, train, and coach approximately 20 staff who lend books, digital materials, mobile technology, study room keys, multimedia materials, and other items.
– Work at service points alongside staff to lead by example in maintaining high user satisfaction and minimal waiting times.
– Develop and interpret policies and resolve problems experienced by users.
– Identify and implement improvements to services, policies, and procedures, including through the application of technology to streamline business processes.
– Serve as the library’s representative on College and University committees.
– Analyze, assess, and report on the use of services to meet users’ needs and inform planning processes.
– Collaborate with the heads of the other library divisions and programs to support the library’s mission and strategic goals.
– Work schedule may include evening and weekend hours.
Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work on-site in the office. All CUNY employees must reside within a commutable distance to the tri-state area.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Bachelor’s Degree and six years’ related experience required; MLS degree and/or Master’s in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement. Also required are experience working at a busy service desk, which may include work in the fields of retail sales or hospitality services; experience with training, scheduling, and supervising staff; and a demonstrated commitment to delivering high-quality customer service.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a Library unit or major service area.
– Manages one or more services such as Circulation, Access/User Services, or Library Technology
– Working closely with the Chief Librarian and faculty, recommends and implements long- and short-term plans for library services
– Evaluates innovative technologies, databases, and methodologies, makes recommendations related to same and participates in their acquisition
– Participates in acquiring materials in all formats and media
– Assists in developing and monitoring Library policies and user service standards
– Conducts outreach and training activities related to assigned area(s)
– Supervises and/or trains staff, students, and others assigned to the Library
– May perform highly specialized work in one or more library disciplines, such as archives, technology and systems, etc.
– May serve as Office Manager, managing financial operations and budgets, equipment, technology, security and building maintenance requirements
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Go to this web-site
Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the application instructions below. Please upload a resume and cover letter.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to this web-site for information
September 27, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.