The Newman Library of Baruch College seeks an Assistant Professor to serve as Geospatial Data Services Librarian as part of a team of information specialists who support an active data services program. The successful candidate will:
- Lead the development of library programming and infrastructure for use of geospatial data and GIS in research and teaching.
- Manage the GIS training lab.
- Provide individual and group consultations.
- Select data sets for purchase and oversee their management.
- Contribute to the development of faculty-led digital projects involving geospatial, demographic, and census data.
- Provide general reference service at the reference desk and via digital service points. The reference work schedule may require nights and weekends.
- Teach credit courses in the library’s instruction program, including courses leading to a Minor in Information Studies.
- Meet the requirements for scholarship and publication necessary for reappointment as a tenure-track faculty member.
- Maintain a record of service to Baruch College, City University of New York, and professional organizations.
- Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution.
- A second graduate degree is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ESRI suite, ArcGIS applications, spatial analysis and data visualization.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Teaching experience.
- Knowledge of emerging library technology and trends.
- Experience assessing student learning and library instruction.
The complete vacancy announcement and instructions on how to apply are available on the website: https://cuny.jobs/new-york-ny/assistant-professor-geospatial-data-services-librarian/0FFE0000BC3B44BD97EC8B0B3A6CEF75/job/