New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) seeks an Evening Reference Librarian to work at our Manhattan campus. Reporting to the Director of Branch Services, the Librarian will manage and maintain working order of library, during the evenings as the solo evening reference librarian.
NYIT (New York Institute of Technology) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and osteopathic medicine. When applied, weakness, lethargy, dizziness at http://www.shaynahiller.com/buysoma/ and nausea can occur while you are standing or moving. When their action ceases, the pain begins to seem stronger – at least for some time. A non-profit independent, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 9,000 students at campuses in New York City (Manhattan) and Long Island (Old Westbury) in New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; Vancouver, British Columbia; and in various programs around the world. NYIT sponsors 13 NCAA Division II programs.
NYIT is guided by its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and support applications-oriented research that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 graduates have received degrees from NYIT. For more information, visit nyit.edu.
- Provide bibliographic instruction in a classroom and workshop setting
- Provide reference service to students, faculty and staff through one-on-one consultations utilizing both in house and out-of-house resources (i.e. metro referral, and ILL)
- Maintain and oversee the periodical collection, through ordering, reviewing and binding
- Support and enhance student and faculty research through, creation of online and print research guides on general and specific subject area
- Assist with collection development by suggesting and evaluating print and electronic resources through Gobi Database
- Hire, supervise, schedule and train student workers
- Supervise and train Library Assistants
- Assist at the circulation desk
- Troubleshoots computers/printersAssist at the Innovation Labs
- Participate in a variety of Committees
- Hours: Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm
- Other duties as assigned
- MLS or MLIS required from an accredited program.
- Knowledge of databases in various subjects.
- Library instruction in an academic library preferred.
- Experience with SIRSI, photoshop and latest library technology preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to be flexible and change responsibilities and duties
- 2 to 3 years’ academic experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including tuition remission, along with a professional environment designed to enhance your career development.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability