Cornell University Library’s Technical Services department seeks qualified candidates for a two-year, fixed-term position of Electronic Resources Librarian. This position has two goals: it aims to assist Cornell University Library in its implementation of FOLIO, the new open source library services platform, and to give the successful candidate a broad grounding in library technical services and electronic resources management as they expand their areas of experience. Cornell University Library is the leading library developer in FOLIO, and will be one of the first libraries to implement this new tool. The individual in this position will have an opportunity to learn about the implementation of FOLIO from the ground up, while working in a dynamic technical services department in one of the top research libraries in the world.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable experience, working with a talented group of students, staff, and librarians, learning all aspects of electronic resources librarianship. If desired, the incumbent will have the opportunity to design and implement a project of particular interest, within the bounds of the department’s needs. At the end of the two-year term, the incumbent will have played a vital role in the implementation of a completely new library services platform, and will have developed valuable and extensive experiences that will benefit future steps in their career.
• Learn many aspects of a large-scale library catalog conversion project
• Participate with Cornell librarians and staff in most aspects of electronic resources management and acquisitions, including funding, acquisition, licensing, off-campus access
• Engage in collaborative initiatives with peer institutions
• Represent Cornell University Library in FOLIO discussion groups (SIGs) as appropriate
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with electronic resources staff, manage the lifecycle of assorted electronic resources, including working with vendors and subject selectors
• Provide assistance to subject selectors seeking information about electronic resources usage
• Manage and correct electronic resources holdings data and assist in review and transfer of all electronic resources holdings from one system to another
• Work on migration of electronic resources management tools to FOLIO ERM apps
• Provide feedback on FOLIO functionality; identify and describe bugs for FOLIO developers; develop procedures for use of FOLIO ERM by staff; any other migration needs as defined
• Masters degree in relevant field, such as library or information science; recent graduates are particularly encouraged to apply
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and flexibly on complex projects
This position is a two-year benefits-eligible term appointment.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits package includes 22 vacation days, 12 paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, and university retirement contributions (TIAA-CREF and other options). Professional travel funding is available. More information regarding Cornell’s generous benefits can be found at https://hr.cornell.edu/sites/
Environment: One of the leading academic research libraries in the United States, Cornell University Library is a highly valued partner in teaching, research, and learning at the university. With an operating budget of over $58 million and a diverse and innovative staff of more than 400, the Library supports 2,700 faculty, 22,000 students and 94 PhD fields. Its world class collections, expert librarians, responsive services in physical and virtual library spaces inspire and nourish scholarship and learning.
The Ithaca campus sits on 2,300 acres in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. Ithaca, located roughly halfway between Manhattan and Toronto, offers a wealth of arts, culture, and activity while maintaining an eclectic college-town feel. Outdoor enthusiasts can take advantage of the multitude of rolling hills, breathtaking gorges, hiking trails, and lakes offering countless outdoor activities. The city has been named one of the top 100 places to live, a top 10 recreation city, a best green place to live, and one of the “foodiest” towns in America.
How to Apply: The application deadline is July 26, 2019. All candidates must apply via the Cornell University Careers site at: https://cornell.wd1.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University’s Office of Workforce Policy and Labor Relations at voice (607) 254-7232, fax (607) 255-0298, or email at email@example.com.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. With our main campus located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell’s far-flung global presence includes the medical college’s campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the Cornell Tech campus located on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
We offer a rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of personal life, including employee wellness, workshops, childcare and adoption assistance, parental leave and flexible work options.