Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600-acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences, and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton via its web-site.
Faculty and Staff are committed to support Stockton University’s commitment to diversity and strong student-centered vision and mission.
Successful candidates will be required to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccine status prior to their start date. Religious or Medical waivers may be requested at the time of employment offer.
This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position. For the 2022-2023 academic year, the University has implemented a pilot program allowing employees to work either a compressed 4-day work week with extended workdays or may work from home one day a week. Participation is subject to Divisional Executive approval depending on operational need.
Electronic Resources Coordinator
Galloway – Main Campus, New Jersey, United States
AFT Professional Staff
Opened on: May 2 2023
Location: Galloway – Main Campus
Department: Richard E. Bjork Library
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package
Work Hours: varies
Brief Job Overview/Summary
The Richard E. Bjork Library at Stockton University seeks a creative, proactive, and collaborative library professional with the ability to provide innovative services through their position as Electronic Resources Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide leadership and strategic management managing the lifecycle of online journals, e-books, databases, and streaming media; and will ensure that the library’s discovery service accurately reflect e-resource holdings from local purchases and subscriptions, consortial arrangements, and other sources. This position will maintain and improve e-resource access; diagnose and troubleshoot access and linking problems; serve as the library’s primary point of contact for access issues; and work to ensure continued access to the library’s e-resources.
Descriptions of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Organizes and presents assessment data to stakeholders to evaluate e-resource usage and subscription decisions
• Use tools to gather COUNTER usage reports and manage data collected with SUSHI harvesting and other reporting tools
• The Electronic Resources Coordinator will identify, document, and implement best practices and workflows for e-resources in the Library’s Alma/Primo environment
• Collaborate with subject liaisons and others to improve e-resource discovery across the library’s discovery portal FlashFind
• Maintain an awareness of current developments and trends in e-resource access, assessment, and management
• Serve as a liaison to one the university’s academic subject areas and provide Information Literacy and reserach related classroom teaching sessions for faculty and students
• Coordinate with subject liaisons and others to arrange product trials and training
• Participates in the library’s reporting requirements, such as Ipeds, and local sharing of use statistics for budgeting
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program or a master’s degree in a related field with experience in an academic, special, or research library setting
• Two years of experience working with electronic resources in an academic library or equivalent; experience with related software platforms such as Library Services Platforms and OpenURL resolvers
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, exercise flexibility and creativity in meeting objectives, and effectively manage multiple projects and assignments in a rapidly changing environment
• Proven ability to resolve complex and ambiguous issues in a timely manner
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; strong interpersonal skills and public service attitude
• Experience working with Ex Libris Alma and Primo, OCLC EZProxy, Springshare and alternate authentication methods
• Familiarity with standards for e-resource usage statistics
• Practical understanding of e-resource contract language including issues such as archival rights, perpetual access, interlibrary loan, and copyright and fair use
• Experience with metadata management tools and current schema (e.g., MARC, RDA, KBART, OpenURL, Dublin Core).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to use a computer and keyboard for large parts of the day. Ability to push a book cart weighing 20 pounds
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit this web-site or click the “Apply” button.
SAME APPLICANTS: If you are applying under the NJ “SAME” program, your supporting documents (Schedule A or B), must be submitted along with your resume by the closing date indicated above. For more information on the SAME Program visit their Website, send an email , or call CSC at (833) 691-0404.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the online application and include three professional references in addition to the following required documents. All required documents (Microsoft Word of PDF) must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
• A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
• Current resume or curriculum vitae
• Unofficial Graduate transcripts
• Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (including, but not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities. Please visit this web-site for information on Stockton’s Equal Opportunity and Institutional Compliance processes. The University provides reasonable accommodations as appropriate. An applicant may request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process by contacting Bart Musitano, Manager for University Pensions and Benefits within the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday-Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm.
• All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
• In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
• Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) at this web-site. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. Paper copies of the report are available at the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be sent via postal mail.
Apply via this link.