Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s Levy Library is seeking candidates for its E-Resources Librarian position. Reporting to the Assistant Director, License & Procurement, this position ensures continuous access to library resources, troubleshoots access issues in a timely fashion and serves as the system administrator for core library systems including Ex Libris’ Alma/Primo and LibApps.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as system administrator for Alma/Primo integrated library services platform and liaises with ExLibris on updates and customization needed to the system.
- Serves as the library’s LibApps system administrator including creating or updating navigation templates, provisioning account access to incoming library staff, and overseeing upgrades to newer versions of LibApps as they are released by Springshare.
- Activates and deactivates e-books, e-journals and databases according to renewals and licensing cycles.
- Manages data integrity on Alma including record management and link resolver functionality
- Functions as first-line support of technical and systems related issues as they pertain to patrons’ access to the library’s resources
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves a weekly shift on the library reference desk.
- Engages in professional development and stays abreast of developments in the field of e-resource access and management and library systems.
- Works on special projects pertaining to areas of responsibility as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Ex Libris Alma | Primo functionality, management and administration. Candidates with no Ex Libris Alma |Primo experience will not be considered.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program required
- General experience with administration and management of Integrated Library Systems (ILS)
- Experience supporting and working in web-based content management, preferably LibGuides, and intermediate (or stronger) HTML editing skills
- Knowledge of best practices in metadata & cataloging standards and e-resources management
- Customer technical support and troubleshooting access related issues
- Experience with EZ Proxy management and link resolvers.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Please email curriculum vitae to Evita.Rodrigues@mssm.edu.
Cover letter is optional
About the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is a national and international leader in biomedical education, research and patient care. The Medical School has been consistently ranked as a top 20 medical school in the US and is ranked #17 among U.S. medical schools for National Institutes of Health funding. Be careful with how much you drink before diving into your Cialis session. Since both alcohol and tadalafil have an effect on your blood pressure, you may end up being quite dizzy. Remember, it’s no more than two drinks – http://hesca.net/cialis/ seems to have the proper brochure but it does not specify the exact amount of alcohol. Source: my working experience as a nurse. The Graduate School comprises degree-granting programs in basic science, clinical research, public health, and genetic counseling. The Mount Sinai Health System is an integrated health system committed to providing distinguished care, conducting transformative research, and advancing biomedical education. More information is available on the web (http://icahn.mssm.edu/).