The Richard E. Bjork Library at Stockton University is looking for a Discovery / Web Services Librarian familiar with usability design, web analytics and assessment tools to manage the library’s discovery and web services. Applicants should have knowledge of web technologies and standards related to effective e-resource access and discovery. The Librarian also will serve as a liaison to assigned academic programs. This tenure-track, faculty position in a union environment reports to the Director of Library Services.
- Develops, supports, and maintains library discovery services (Primo) to enable access to library resources in all formats.
- Maintains awareness of enhancements and changes to discovery interfaces and configurations.
- Provides training, documentation, and public assistance for library discovery services.
- Manages the library’s online presence (OU Campus, Springshare): conducts website accessibility audits, tracks website usage and assists in performing usability testing.
- Assists the Systems Coordinator in administering the Alma library services platform.
- Participates in the library liaison program as a subject librarian.
- Participates in planning, assessment and continuous improvement of all library operations and services, especially those related to information technology.
- Staffs the general reference desk as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Director for Technical Services or the Director of the Library.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library school or information science program.
- Experience supporting and developing one or more library discovery interfaces (such as Primo, Summon, EDS or WorldCat Local).
- Experience with website design, authoring tools and content management systems.
- Experience with Ex Libris products, especially Alma and Primo.
- Experience with web APIs, especially RESTful.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with current web accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG 2.0).
- Experience with electronic resource support tools (e.g. EZProxy, SFX).
- Experience as a library liaison/subject specialist.
Commensurate with the position, qualifications, and experience of the candidate.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For complete text, qualifications and application instructions: https://stockton.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=1594&job=discovery-web-services-librarian-iii-instructor-in-the-library