Discovery Services Assistant
The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek a dynamic, creative, and detail-oriented professional to join the staff of the Discovery Services department to assist in making the Libraries’ collections discoverable and accessible to library patrons. The incumbent will be responsible for the management and maintenance of inventory records for print and electronic materials in all three library locations as well as two storage locations that house overflow of print materials.
The Discovery Services Assistant will work closely with colleagues in Discovery Services and the other departments in the University Libraries’ Technical Services and Library Systems Division. This position reports to the Discovery Services Librarian.
• Manage collection transfer and withdrawal projects for the University Libraries
• Triage, troubleshoot, and process materials that are found during an inventory which are not currently in Alma, the library services platform where collections are managed
• Process the intake of newly acquired materials that are to be added to existing inventory records and identify materials that are to be re-cataloged
• Participate in projects to update bibliographic, holdings, and item records in the library services platform, Alma
• Manage batch processing in Primo, the platform that makes the library collections managed in Alma discoverable and accessible to library patrons
• Record and report statistics for all areas of responsibility
• Develop best practices and procedures for the management and maintenance of records and the associated materials
• Supervise clerical staff or student assistants in the Discovery Services department as needed
• Engage in library and University service and professional development
For additional information, including qualification requirements and application instructions: https://www.interviewexchange.
Application deadline: August 9, 2019
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research, and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, NY, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City, and the Adirondacks.