Quinnipiac University has a job opening for Director, Lynne L. Pantalena Law Library in the School of Law, which is located in North Haven, Connecticut. This is a full-time benefits eligible position. Apply at: https://career.qu.edu/cw/en-
Quinnipiac University’s School of Law invites applications for Director, Lynne L. Pantalena Law Library with a target starting date of June 1, 2022 or sooner, if available.
The Law Library at Quinnipiac plays a critical role in the scholarly lives of our faculty and students, as it builds community and provides an intellectual crossroad. The next Director of the Law Library will help us to innovate in research and practice pedagogy, introducing our students to foundational legal research skills as well as cutting edge technological platforms necessary in the effective practice of law. The Director will also collaborate with faculty and librarians across the university, supporting Quinnipiac’s pursuit of interdisciplinary and interprofessional collaboration and research.
The Library Director holds a faculty appointment and reports to the Dean of the Law School. The Director of the Library has faculty status and is appointed on a continuing appointment track with rank commensurate with experience and qualifications. This may include, but does not require, appointment to the tenure-track faculty, depending on the interests and experience of the successful candidate.
At Quinnipiac Law, we seek to “educate the whole lawyer to understand and serve the whole client.” We welcome applicants who are interested in building on our strong foundation of holistic legal education and helping to lead forward-thinking initiatives that align with the four pillars of our university’s strategic plan: preparing our students for 21st century careers and citizenship; inclusive excellence; fostering community internally, locally, and globally; and lifelong learning.
• Oversees a dedicated staff of professional librarians, administrators, and support staff
• Responsible for all areas of library operations, including budgeting, staffing and personnel management, strategic planning, faculty and student support services, collection development and priorities, law library facility management
• Monitoring compliance with accreditation standards
• Managing and anticipating current and future technological needs and services
• A Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school
• A Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA accredited school, or its equivalent
• 5-7 years of experience in law library administration sufficient to support the law school’s program of legal education
• An appreciation for the changing roles of libraries in the information community and the creativity to adapt the library to new needs of students, faculty, legal professionals, and other constituents
• A record of strong interpersonal, management, and budgeting skills
• Extensive knowledge of library databases, legal information vendors, integrated library systems, as well as other relevant information technologies and services
• Administrative, financial, and organizational skills
• Proven leadership
• An outstanding knowledge of the research, teaching, and educational needs of the faculty and student body
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply at : https://career.qu.edu/cw/en-
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-
About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.