Please apply here: https://careers.fordham.edu/
• Manages the appropriate consistency of collection and item-level description and quality control across all digital collections.
• Consults with Fordham University stakeholders about best metadata practices, workflows and tools to facilitate research data management.
• Participates in library digital projects using CONTENTdm or other digital collections software. Keeps abreast of developments in electronic publishing
• Develops documentation for the creation and application of metadata and provide training and consultation to faculty and library staff.
• Provides leadership in the development and management of metadata curation and assessment
• Assists in the development of plans, practices, workflows and priorities with in the unit.
• Supervises and trains students and staff members working on metadata quality control and database management projects.
• Creates and maintains local documentation on metadata standards and application guidelines.
• Develops and provides training to university community regarding resource description and metadata management.
• Oversees the harvesting of the library’s digital collections for ingestion into larger initiatives (ATLA Digital Library, JSTOR, DPLA, etc.)
• Ensures copyright compliance on all of the library’s digital initiatives.
• Prepares grant proposals
• M.L.S. from an ALA accredited institution
• Experience in creating, editing and transforming metadata
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical services of an academic library
• In-depth knowledge of an integrated library system, Sirsi Symphony highly preferred.
• Experience using OCLC Connexion and CONTENTdm
• Working knowledge of a variety of resource description standards, formats and schemes including but not limited to RDA, Dublin Core, XML, BIBFRAME, MARC bibliographic and authority formats.
• Professional experience with non-MARC metadata standards.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong commitment to teamwork.
• Aptitude for technology and a willingness to learn new systems, software and data manipulation tools.
• Experience in grant writing