The University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press seeks a motivated, creative, and service-oriented professional to join the Digital Scholarship and Publishing department, which is led by the Digital Publishing and Copyright Librarian. The department provides University faculty, researchers, and students with services for innovative digital scholarship, supporting the creation, publication, and preservation of digital research in multiple forms, and collaborating with colleagues across the library to ensure effective outreach, instruction, and technical infrastructure for these services. This department is in the division of Publishing, Preservation, Research, and Digital Access. Other departments in the division are Library IT, Digital Collections and Preservation, and the University of Delaware Press.
This position will collaborate with and support faculty, students, and staff involved in data-focused research and digital scholarship.
- Consult with faculty, researchers, and students on project development and recommend tools and methods to best achieve the desired research and/or teaching goals. Specific topics may include finding data/datasets available for reuse, research data management, methods for gathering, creating, transforming, or analyzing data, survey design, sample sizes, working with IRBs, ethics and privacy.
- Develop and conduct individual training, group instruction, and workshops on relevant topics, tools, and skills, best practices, and research methods for data analysis, management, and dissemination.
- Support researchers in preparing data for deposit, such as by identifying appropriate repositories (either local to UD or external disciplinary repositories), and guiding researchers to prepare or package data effectively for reuse.
- Advocate for the importance of public access to research data.
- With the Research Data Steering Group (RDSG), engage in dialogue with researchers to understand their perspectives on data sharing and dissemination in order to develop and implement recommendations, policies, and services.
- Proactively work with other members of Digital Scholarship and Publishing, RDSG, and with subject liaisons to develop and execute outreach plans and learn more about emerging campus needs.
- Collaborate with campus partners in UD IT, UD Research Office, and UD colleges to provide services and make effective referrals.
- Work with the Digital Publishing and Copyright Librarian to develop relevant services in support of data dissemination and licensing.
- Work with other members of Digital Scholarship and Publishing to develop resources and trainings that support anti-racist practices around data management and reuse, and that promote knowledge of ethical and responsible use of data for research; and knowledge of how data analysis and dissemination practices intersect with racial bias or other areas of discrimination.
- Keep abreast of developments in librarianship, especially in relation to research data
Full position announcement and application information available at https://bit.ly/ud-data-serv