Data & eResources Librarian
Harvard Kennedy School
Duties & Responsibilities
This is an exempt position in Library & Knowledge Services (LKS).
Reporting to the Associate Director and in support of the mission of the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS), the Data and eResources Librarian leads the advancement of licensed content and collections and the expansion and inclusion of data services and programming for students and staff at LKS. Actively participates in research and instruction and outreach activities across HKS as well as represents LKS on relevant Harvard Library Committees and working groups.
• Takes the lead on investigating and analyzing complex e-resources, data, products and subscriptions, including conducting regular and ad hoc data reporting on usage of eResources, making recommendations to the Director and Associate Director on acquisitions and renewals, and communicating out changes and updates to the relevant LKS staff.
• Works with relevant LKS (and Harvard Library) staff to build and facilitate access to an outstanding collection of information resources, increasingly digital and interdisciplinary in scope, in support of current and future research, teaching and knowledge creation at HKS and across the University.
• Maintains and shares in-depth knowledge in the identification, assessment, and implementation of trends and emerging technologies that strategically advance the LKS’ mission.
• Serves as a resource to faculty, staff, and students on issues of research computing, data curation and management and assumes an active role in learning about emerging trends and practices.
• Participates in library outreach and instruction activities at HKS and the University, in close collaboration and coordination with the Manger of User Services and Engagement, including providing orientations and research support to students, faculty and staff, as well as developing stronger partnerships with relevant departments and initiatives at HKS.
• Investigates, implements, and maintains an assessment plan to report on core LKS activities, such as course instruction.
• Represents LKS on relevant Harvard Library and Harvard data-related groups to advance LKS’ work to meet the changing needs of our community.
Physical demands and work environment:
• Using a computer for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel around campus regularly.
• Ability to occasional move boxes weighing approximately 20 lbs.
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
USA – MA – Cambridge
Library & Knowledge Services
00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
• Minimum 4 years of Library experience.
• Experience or course work in statistics.
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications
• Comfort with basic statistical principles and relevant tools.
• Strong customer service orientation with experience in the delivery of user services.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and/or team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
Experience with or knowledge of Learning Management Systems and/or Content Management Systems.
• Familiarity with current digital technologies and proficiency using a variety of computer software programs and systems.
• Experience with or knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, research computing, and research data management and curation.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/