Call for Proposals: Fashion: Now & Then
When: Friday, November 1, 2019 – Saturday, November 2, 2019
Where: LIM College, Maxwell Hall, 216 East 45th Street, New York, NY
Proposal Submission Due Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Date of Notification: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Submission link: https://goo.gl/forms/
The Adrian G. Marcuse Library at LIM College invites participation in the ninth annual Fashion: Now & Then Conference, a two-day conference in which participants will discuss the past, present, and future uses of fashion information as it relates to identity. Participants will be drawn from libraries, archives, academic institutions, publishers, collectors, museums, and the fashion industry to represent a full range of expertise.
We seek proposals that examine both the current and evolving relationship between fashion and identity. Proposal topics can include one or more of these subjects in relation to fashion and identity: archives, libraries, special collections, museums, ephemera, fashion history, fashion studies, fashion forecasting, fashion analytics, magazines, music, media, data visualization, marketing, material culture, merchandising, photography, preservation, product development, rare books, retail, social media, street style, textiles, and trend reporting.
We look forward to receiving proposals for:
• 15-minute presentations from individuals or pairs to be grouped into sessions by the conference organizer
• One-hour panel presentations with two to four speakers addressing a common topic to be scheduled as a session. Those submitting a panel presentation proposal must have a secured commitment from all participants
In addition, we look forward to receiving proposals for a focused roundtable discussion and focused lightning round sessions addressing:
• 15-minute presentations on the topic of fashion, identity, and cultural appropriation to be moderated and grouped as a roundtable discussion
• Five-minute lightning round presentations on the topic of music, fashion, and identity
• Five-minute lightning round presentations on the topic of fashion and identity in library and archival collections
The event will take place Friday, November 1, 2019 and Saturday, November 2, 2019 at LIM College in the Maxwell Hall building at 216 East 45th Street, New York, NY.
Presenters are expected to register for the conference at a discounted presenter rate by Saturday, August 31, 2019 to confirm your participation.