Seton Hall University Libraries seeks a forward-thinking Business Librarian who is collaborative and data savvy, to serve as the subject liaison to the Stillman College of Business to provide teaching, collection development, and data services that can work efficiently in a fast-paced, evolving technological, team-oriented environment. This is a tenure-eligible full-time Library faculty position, requiring a second graduate degree, annual reviews (including a comprehensive third year review), and scholarship for promotion and tenure.
- Build and cultivate relationships at Stillman and the Buccino Leadership Institute with students, faculty, administration and staff. Create and maintain a liaison support plan. Develop library outreach opportunities and participate in Stillman events.
- Collaborate with subject librarians to build robust services and collections supporting business research and education.
- Provide instruction to business departments for in-person, hybrid, and online courses to support student learning and success. Incorporate best practices for information and data literacy for the Business School and the Seton Hall Community.
- Provide instruction for first year instruction programs and other programs such as Zotero or simple GIS (PolicyMap) as needed.
- Develop and deliver data-related services and online learning materials for Stillman; provide consultative support for the data related needs of Seton Hall faculty and students, such as finding data sets, assisting with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software, and data management planning with the Data Services Team.
- Partner with library colleagues in areas such as instructional design and user engagement/assessment to enhance discipline-based library services.- Provide a full range of in-person and virtual reference services to the University community (with some evening or weekend shifts depending on course schedules or Stillman events) and consultations for business-related research and data user issues.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited graduate program.
- A degree (undergraduate or graduate) in business, economics, marketing, management or related field or three or more years of successful academic library experience at a university with a Business School.
- Current awareness of trends in library public services for one or more of these areas: business, leadership, entrepreneurship, sports management, economics or supply chain management.
- Experience providing library instruction, or creating library instruction materials such as assignments, research guides and tutorials for college-level students and faculty.
- Experience providing business information, reference and research consultation service in an academic library setting.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to student-centered services.
- Extensive knowledge of academic electronic information resources, data services and technologies, and an awareness of current issues in academic libraries.
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication, teaching, and analytical skills.
- Established willingness to respond to new opportunities with initiative, creative energy, and leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Experience working in a business field such as accounting, finance, management or marketing.
- Proficiency with MS Excel advanced functions (Pivot Tables, data analysis) and statistical packages such as SPSS. Knowledge or willingness to learn one programming language such as R or Python.
- Familiarity building and maintaining print and digital collections.
- Experience contributing to library outreach initiatives.
- Practice using new and emerging technologies for public service and instruction in an academic library setting including data services.
- Evidence of problem solving skills and project management experience.
Compensation: Salary Grade: FA01 – Faculty
Location: South Orange, NJ 07079
To Apply: http://jobs.shu.edu/cw/en-us/job/494061/business-librarian-iii
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please provide contact information for three professional references.
Contact Information: Brenda Polanco (973) 761-9178 | email@example.com
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.