Details or description
The Newman Library of Baruch College seeks an Assistant Professor to serve as Business Librarian as part of a team of information specialists who support the students and faculty of the Zicklin School of Business. The successful candidate will:
- Engage in active outreach to the faculty of the Zicklin School of Business, including attending open faculty meetings, teaching information literacy and research sessions in courses, assessing collection needs, keeping the school informed about library resources and services, and anticipating information needs of faculty and students due to curriculum revisions.
- Collaborate with other members of the Library faculty and staff to deliver an effective and cohesive service experience to the business school.
- Provide general reference service at the reference desk and via digital service points. The reference work schedule may require nights and weekends.
- Teach credit courses in the library’s instruction program, including courses leading to a Minor in Information Studies.
- Assist faculty with the identification of open educational resources suitable for their courses.
- Meet the requirements for scholarship and publication necessary for reappointment as a tenure-track faculty member.
- Maintain a record of service to Baruch College, City University of New York, and professional organizations.
NOTES: All CUNY employees must reside within a commutable distance to the tri-state area. Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution.
- A second graduate degree is required, preferably in a business discipline.
- Fluency in discussing topics across a range of business subject areas, including accountancy, economics, finance, management, marketing, and real estate.
- Strong knowledge of information resources in business
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to serve as the library’s liaison to the Accountancy Department
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of emerging library technology and trends
- Experience assessing student learning and library instruction
- Experience using Bloomberg
- Proficiency with methods of quantitative data analysis and visualization
$70,238 – $86,645;commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit your application online by clicking on “Apply Now” on the job posting site.
Applicants are required to submit a CV, Cover Letter, narrative statement describing their commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of students who are among the first-generation of their family to attend a college or university.
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2023.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY: CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Your contact information (in case we have any questions)