FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Supports a college library’s OER program with relevant academic departments. Provides in-depth consultation with students and faculty, and collaborates with colleagues in the library for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices. Pursues an active scholarly agenda, performs supervisory duties, and participates in college-and university-wide programs and committees as assigned.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Librarian, the OER Librarian provides leadership, vision, and support for the Library’s Open Educational Resources initiatives in collaboration with campus, CUNY, and other stakeholders.
• Guide faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, identification, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content (including library licensed content)
• Develop, implement, and assess OER-related instructional resources and services in collaboration with relevant campus partners
• Participate in planning and implementation related to open and affordable course content to ensure open communication and collaboration with relevant university units.
• Pursue professional development on trends and developments in open and affordable education options and their relationship to scholarly publishing and pedagogy.
• Work collaboratively with reference and instruction librarians to provide reference, research consultations and instruction.
• Undertake or contributes to other related services/projects in the library, such as providing training and support for scholarly communications
• Act as library liaison, with collection development responsibilities, to several academic departments; advocate for improvements in collection development in liaison departments
• Conduct instruction sessions and one-on-one consultations in liaison departments.
• Provide general and chat reference
• Have a strong commitment to research, and participate in activities related to that research, including presentations at scholarly conferences and publishing in the peer reviewed literature with an eye to reappointment, tenure and promotion
Hunter is committed to active engagement with students and the community at large, and embraces equity, inclusiveness, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work.
Required: Assistant Professor:
• MLS, or its equivalent from an ALA-accredited library school, and an additional Master’s degree or Doctorate.
• Minimum two years’ experience in library public service.
• Experience with the use or development of web-based digital scholarly working environments
• Knowledge of or experience with good practice regarding the adoption, adaptation and creation of open educational resources.
• Knowledge of major OER repositories and open training materials, specifically for higher education.
• Knowledge of broad trends and issues relating to one or more of the following: open education, open pedagogy, open licensing, open access, open science, open scholarship.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to speak and/or make presentations before groups and conduct effective training.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment with strong commitment to public service
• Ability to meet requirements for tenure and promotion.
• Academic library experience.
• Knowledge of copyright law, open licensing options, fair use, author rights, archiving rights and related intellectual property issues
• Experience providing information literacy instruction in association with programs or initiatives supporting general education curricula
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health diazepamonlinerx.com insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on August 26, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.