FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices. Pursues an active – scholarly agenda, and participates in college-and university-wide programs and committees as assigned.
Reporting to the Head of Instruction and Research Services, the English and Humanities librarian is a key member of the Reference and Instruction team, working collaboratively to build a community of students who are information literate and confident lifelong learners. The Librarian will act as liaison to the English, Creative Writing ,Romance Languages, and related departments and programs in the humanities.
A major responsibility of the English and Humanities Librarian will be to provide innovative leadership in integrating information literacy instruction in the College’s required first-year composition course, and in the required foundation course for English majors. The librarian will continually assess disciplinary needs for liaison departments with fellow librarians and relevant faculty.
1. Develop and provide innovative and effective library instruction and in-depth research support for faculty and students in liaison disciplines, and other disciplines, as needed.
2. Lead the Libraries’ instructional efforts supporting Hunter’s required composition course (English 120), to develop foundational information literacy skills that will be relevant throughout the undergraduate curriculum.
3. Collaborate with colleagues to develop and improve the library’s instruction program
4. Provide collection development in liaison disciplines; advocate for improvement in collection development in those disciplines.
5. Conduct one-on-one consultations with students and faculty from liaison departments
6. Provide general reference, including chat reference
7. Keep abreast of scholarly trends, resources, and new technologies in liaison disciplines with a view toward their application in research and instruction.
8. Have a strong commitment to research, and participate in activities related to that research, including presentations at scholarly conferences and publishing in the peer reviewed literature with an eye to reappointment, tenure, and promotion
Hunter is committed to active engagement with students and the community at large, and embraces equity, inclusiveness, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work.
Required: Assistant Professor:
• Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution, with a second graduate degree or Doctorate required .
• Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
• Minimum two years’ experience in library public service.
• Experience providing library instruction in support of an undergraduate English curricula (writing, composition, literature)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to speak and/or make presentations before groups and conduct effective training.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment with strong commitment to public service
• Ability to meet requirements for tenure and promotion.
• Academic library experience.
• Familiarity with learning theory, pedagogical methods, and learning outcomes assessment.
• Experience providing information literacy instruction in association with programs or initiatives supporting general education curricula.
• An advanced degree (MA or PhD) in a relevant humanities field
• Willingness to teach the library’s one-credit course (LIBR 100)
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. Ativan is the strongest tranquilizer at https://ecuaexperience.com/buy-generic-ativan-lorazepam-online/ , which is used in such areas in medicine as narcology, psychiatry, neurology, etc. After the injection, a person immediately falls asleep and can sleep for a day. This is the strongest drug in its group. You can purchase it only by prescription, as the drug has its side effects. But this drug is a real solution to the problem. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the application page and follow the application instructions.Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Vulgar acne is one of the most common skin diseases. In 5% of cases, the disease takes a severe course. In such cases, systemic from buy accutane online Isotretinoin is used in the treatment. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on November 18, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.