The New York University Division of Libraries is seeking a user-focused adjunct librarian for the next academic year (Sept-May), with potential for reappointment in the Summer and in AY2022-2023. This is an exciting opportunity to join the world-class NYU Libraries community as we advance our mission and values. As part of the Research & Research Services sub-division, you will help us build and provide services to our faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students particularly in the NYU Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies and the departments of Spanish & Portuguese, French, and Italian Studies. Duties include virtual and in-person reference services, in-depth one-on-one consultations, instructional activities, collections work, and special projects as needed. Our librarian liaison group works together to ensure service coverage, meet incoming requests, and connect and collaborate regularly about activities and needs.
Appointments will be from 10 to 20 hours/week, depending on availability. You must be available for in-person (NYC), weekday, daytime service hours (Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm) for at least 10 weekly hours of the full appointment (hours are flexible based on availability), be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship, and have reliable access to the internet.
About New York University Libraries
The Division of Libraries values diversity among its faculty, is committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented communities. We are proud of our organizational culture and we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization that supports a sense of belonging for the staff and communities we serve. For more information regarding the Libraries’ commitment to IDBE, see the Libraries’ Mission & Values Statement at http://library.nyu.edu/about/
● ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS.
● Experience in reference, virtual reference, or research consultation services.
● Experience providing small or large group instruction in a library environment.
● Excellent Spanish-language reading, writing, and speaking skills.
● Experience in one of the fields or programs covered by these liaison duties.
● Familiarity with key library resources in these areas.
● Comfort operating in a virtual environment with standard tools (e.g., Zoom, Meet, Teams).
● Degree in one of the fields or programs covered by these liaison duties.
● Reading ability in another Romance language, such as French, Portuguese, or Italian.
To Apply: We would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a short cover letter to http://apply.interfolio.com/