About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College is located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and Midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
The Acquisitions and Resource Sharing Specialist plays an active role in the success of the Stephen B. Luce Library. The Acquisitions and Budget Coordinator has primary responsibility for managing and expending the library materials budgets, subscribing, renewing and placing orders for resources and supplies; and reporting on financial and acquisitions activities. The Acquisitions and Budget Coordinator will liaise with key stakeholders from various departments across the college.
– Work closely with the library team to place orders for library materials
– Make purchases via the state requisition system
– Provide Business Office with required documentation
– Reconcile monthly purchase card statements
– Work closely with Library Director, Business Office and Information Technology department to set and monitor annual budget
– Monitor budget throughout the year to ensure spending targets are on track
– Work with vendors to ensure timely and correct delivery
– Process new acquisition orders and confirms receipt of materials
– Maintain subscriptions to periodicals, process incoming periodicals, and coordinates binding of periodicals
– Manage students’ fines and fees in Banner and Alma
– Assist with circulation activities as needed
– Manage resource sharing/interlibrary loan for the library
– Monitor levels of office supplies and orders replacements as needed
– Monitor library email and voicemail accounts and forward messages as appropriate
– Manage library mail shipments
– Enter and track facilities and maintenance requests
– Assists library director with projects related to above tasks
– Other duties as assigned
– Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of two years of relevant experience.
– Demonstrated financial management, budgeting, and accounting experience with the ability to gather, analyze and report data
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
– Must have the ability to interact tactfully and skillfully with all levels of employees and business contacts outside the College
– Must have the ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
– Must be able to maintain confidentiality ? Ability to work independently and perform complicated tasks with minimal supervision
– Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing assignments and needs
– Experience in a library setting
– Ability to deal with library users concerns and exercise good judgment in resolving and/or referring non-routine situations.
– Strong public service orientation, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, exceptional interpersonal skills, and excellent phone etiquette
Classification/Salary Range: The Acquisitions and Resource Sharing Specialist is a United University Professions (UUP) position. The anticipated salary range for the position is $46,000 to $51,000, annually, with an outstanding benefits package. For additional information, please see The UUP Benefits Summary.
Review of applications to commence immediately and conclude when the position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full-time, calendar year appointment UUP Position. Fair Labor Standard Acts (FLSA) exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Local Title: Acquisitions and Resource Sharing Specialist
Line #: 00174
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
SUNY Maritime is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning and working environment.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at email@example.com. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at www.sunymaritime.edu.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit the following documents with application:
– Cover letter
– Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance Maritime’s commitment to inclusive excellence
– Name and contact information of three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edits your profile or to upload additional documents.
Apply online at: