Evening & Weekend Access and Delivery Services Supervisor / Supervisor 2
Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library
New Haven, CT
Salary Grade: M&P 22
Schedule: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week); Sunday–Thursday, 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm; Occasional recess days and holidays required
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include two major art museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The University and the Library:
The Yale University Library, as one of the world’s leading research libraries, collects, organizes, preserves, and provides access to and services for a rich and unique record of human thought and creativity. It fosters intellectual growth and is a highly valued partner in the teaching and research missions of Yale University and scholarly communities worldwide. A distinctive strength is its rich spectrum of resources, including more than 15 million volumes and information in all media, ranging from ancient papyri to early printed books to electronic databases. The Library is engaged in numerous digital initiatives designed to provide access to a full array of scholarly information. Housed in 15 libraries, including Sterling Memorial, Beinecke, and Bass libraries, it employs a dynamic, diverse, and innovative staff of over 500 who have the opportunity to work with the highest caliber of faculty and students, participate on committees, and who are involved in other areas of staff development. For additional information on the Yale University Library, please visit the Library’s web site at www.library.yale.edu.
Reporting to the Head of Access and Delivery Services for the Medical Library, this position provides direct oversight for the library’s evening and weekend access and delivery services. The Manager assists in planning and implementing new services, and supporting and improving existing services. Supervises and works closely with the entire Access and Delivery Services (ADS) Team and student assistants to provide users valuable services that support their information and research needs. Motivates and coaches staff to ensure excellent customer service, cultivates teamwork, and promotes a culture in which change is welcomed and supported. Responsible for a range of managerial duties relating to access and delivery services in the Medical Library.
1. Manages the daily work of the ADS team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of access services operations, including reserves, document delivery, interlibrary loan and stacks maintenance operations, and all services provided at the circulation and information desks.
2. Supervises 3 FTE Clerical and Technical staff and 4 students. Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates staff and student assistants. Motivates staff and is responsible for ensuring high quality public services and productivity.
3. Develops, recommends and participates in planning and implementation of new policies and innovative services, and interprets policies for staff. Writes documentation and revises the staff policies and procedures manual.
4. Responsible for process and workflow improvement, including investigating technologies to successfully accomplish the work of the department. Responsible for inventory control and trouble-shooting technical and software issues. As appropriate assists with relations and negotiations with other departments and external vendors.
5. Schedules staff hours. Ensures service desk coverage during holidays, recess periods, and occasions of inclement weather.
6. Ensures that the physical library is an inviting and welcoming space for visitors. Works with University Security to guarantee the safety of patrons, staff and collections, and ensures that proper security measures are followed. Works closely with Facilities when necessary to maintain a safe and functional environment in the evenings and weekend hours.
7. Oversees stacks maintenance and projects.
8. Advances the initiatives of university departments, including but not limited to maintaining databases for the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation and creating bibliographies with persistent URLs in support of the Internal Medicine Curriculum.
9. May also participate and coordinate the activities of other related services and operations in conjunction with other units such as the Library Shelving Facility and West Campus operations.
10. Required to work occasional holidays and recess days.
11. Maybe required to assist in disaster recovery efforts.
12. May be assigned to work at the West Campus Yale University located in West Haven, CT.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and work in a team environment.
2. Supervisory skills and project management experience. Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
3. Experience and strong commitment to public service. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. .
4. Excellent computer hardware and software skills, including demonstrated proficiency in using multiple Microsoft Office applications.
5. Flexibility, agility and enthusiasm for working in a changing, technology-oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
Salary and Benefits:
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Applications consisting of a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references should be submitted by creating an account and applying online at www.yale.edu/jobs for immediate consideration – the STARS req ID for this position is 22693BR Please be sure to reference #22693BR in your cover letter.
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.