Web & Digital Services Librarian sought by the Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library at Queens College, the City University of New York (http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/
Anticipated start date is July 1, 2013.
The Web & Digital Services Librarian is responsible as point person and coordinator for leading the ongoing activities required to maintain useful, accessible and user-friendly delivery of the Queens College Libraries digital library services. The Web & Digital Services Librarian is responsible for design and delivery of a suite of library web sites and augmentative digital services which are reflective of current standards and best practices in academic library web site design, current pedagogical technologies and teaching and learning trends.
The successful candidate reports to the Associate Librarian for Public Services and will be a member of a digital library team, working closely with the E-Resources Librarian, Library Systems Office staff and the campus and CUNY technology units’ members. The position may encompass supervision. S/he will collaborate with the Resources Development Committee and will participate in public services activities such as research assistance, library instruction, collection development and educational outreach to library personnel and Queens College students, faculty and staff.
Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution is required.
For appointment as Assistant Professor, a second graduate degree is also required, as are:
– At least one year of experience leading the design and maintenance of a library web site.
– Experience in applying Web standards for usability and ADA accessibility requirements.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Proven ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
– Team and project management experience
– Experience maintaining EZProxy (or similar authentication system)
– Experience in developing online learning resources for instruction
– Academic library experience
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYFirst, please follow the instructions below:
– Go to www.cuny.edu and click on “Employment”
– Click “Search job listings”
– Click on “More options to search for CUNY jobs”
– Search by Job Opening ID number (6559)
– Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
Please note that candidates must upload a CV/resume, a cover letter including a statement of scholarly interests and contact information for three professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Include in your statement of scholarly interests URL(s) that demonstrate your current and previous work.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you upload, for example, JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer