The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek a service-oriented, creative, collaborative individual to serve as Web Developer/Designer. The successful candidate will have daily responsibility for organizing, maintaining, updating, and improving the Libraries’ public websites and staff intranet; integrating a variety of disparate web services and resources seamlessly; creating documentation and providing training to library faculty and staff; and working closely with individuals and groups who contribute to the sites. Duties may also include work on administrative and/or database applications. The Web Developer/Designer reports to the Head of Library Systems and all work will be performed on-site.
• Manage and develop responsive Internet and intranet web and mobile web applications and APIs using modern web technologies including Drupal
• Integrate 3rd party library technologies (ILLiad, Aleph, EZproxy, etc.) with the Libraries’ website
• Create documentation and enforce best practices and standards to ensure consistency across the Libraries’ web presence
• Provide training to faculty and staff on how to use specific library web applications and programs
• Ensure optimal web interface design and web server performance, including monitoring and responding to availability, performance, and security issues
• Work with stakeholders of varying levels of knowledge and experience to develop, deploy, and maintain library digital assets
• Serve as a backup to the Integrated Library System & Electronic Access Manager for Aleph systems tasks, report generation, and support
• Serve as a backup to the Database Designer/Developer for MySQL systems tasks, report generation, and support of administrative and database applications
• Expected to serve on library or university committees in service to the campus and library community
• Maintain a positive attitude throughout the workplace by being cooperative, courteous, and supportive toward all colleagues
For additional information, including qualification requirements and application instructions: https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=91072
Application deadline: December 20, 2017
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City, and the Adirondacks.