Backstage Library Works is seeking a leader for our rapidly expanding digitization services group. Our mission is to provide high quality, cost effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies. Applicants must enjoy providing outstanding service to libraries.
This position is responsible for all aspects of our digitization services, including identifying library needs and developing solutions to meet those needs, delivering very high-quality services, and continuing development and innovation. Full group P&L responsibility. The Vice President Digital Services works with the vice presidents of our other service groups in developing and accomplishing Backstage’s overall mission. The position is located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
1. Understand our services and how they benefit libraries. Work closely with Sales and prospective clients to create and price appropriate solutions. Responsible for extending present capabilities and developing new solutions for libraries. Visit clients and prospects.
2. Build the organization to deliver high quality, cost effective professional services. Expert on digital services and every aspect of their delivery to clients. In charge of production and operations. Manage the department – supervise project managers, oversee project schedules, allocate resources, approve pricing, and so on. Select appropriate equipment. Ensure the highest possible quality of service to every library.
3. Represent the company and participate in presentations and other public programs. Work closely with sales and marketing to develop sales messages and campaigns and collateral. Know the competition.
4. Manage the fiscal affairs of the department. Responsible for financial planning and performance. Approve quotes. Suggests updates to the Pricing Guide. Work with database and other resource providers.
• MLS / MLIS degree preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with FADGI guidelines.
• Minimum five years experience in an academic library or archive. Direct experience with digitization and preservation issues and technology. Desire and ability to learn more.
• Active in relevant professional organizations in the library world.
This position reports to the president and is based in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Compensation to $67,000 plus benefits and profit sharing. Regular travel required to conferences, libraries and archives, and our Utah headquarters.
The position is open until filled.
Please apply to: